Home Our Service Temporary Residency Temporary foreign workers

Temporary Residency

Create values for client’s needs
Optimal service based on client’s case
To be able to work legally in Canada, foreign workers must have a work permit or a valid work status exempt from work permit.
The types of work permits that one can apply for are different depending on the employer’s or the individual’s situation, and furthermore, a work permit is the first step to prepare for permanent residency. As a result, expert advice is required.

It is recommended that you consult about the permanent residency while checking the work permit that is favorable to your situation.

Employer Specified Work Permit

LMIA Work permit

LMIA stands for Labour Market Impact Assessment and is an employment pre-approvals for Canadian employers approved by Employment and Social Development Canada through the assessment of need to hire foreigners and the local labor market impact. Employers must first apply for LMIA in order to legally employ foreign workers in their business. Foreign workers who got the LMIA approval must apply for during the LMIA validity of 6 months and obtain a Work Permit to work legally in Canada. Upon receipt of the LMIA approval, 50 points or 200 points will be added for Express Entry application of TFW(Temporary Foreign Worker).

Book an Appointment

LMIA-exempt, Employer-specific Work permit LMIA

Intracompany Transferee ( Korea-Canada Free Trade Agreement, GATT, NAFTA etc.)

An Intra-Company Transferee means a foreign worker who works in Canada for the same employer they have worked for abroad for a year within 3 years.

Charitable / Religious Worker

Religious Workers R205(d)

Religious Leaders R186(l) Work Permit Exempt Worker (Visitor Record)

Foreigners who work in religious or charitable institution can apply for Religious/charitable Work permit.

PNP Work Permit

After applying for a Permanent Residency through Provincial Nominee Program, applicants can apply for an extension of their work permit while waiting for the process. Provincial Immigration Office issues a Work Permit Support Letter after checking qualifications such as the employment and status in Canada. This letter will be needed to apply for the extension of work permit to IRCC.

Book an Appointment

Open Work Permit (Regardless of employer)

Post-Graduation Work Permit

Post-graduation work permit is a permit that can be obtained after graduation from public funded college or university accredited in Canada. The graduate must have graduated from a program with duration of at least 8 months in Canada and maintained a full-time student status for each semester. Depending on the length of the graduated program, IRCC can approve a work permit that is valid up to 3 years.

Book an Appointment

Spouse Open Work Permit

A spouse or common-law partner of full-time students at corresponding education institutions can apply for a Spouse Open Work permit. Also a spouse or common-law partner of National Occupation Classification O, A, B work permit holders or full-time workers can also apply for this type of work permit. Lastly, a spouse or common-law partner who is processing a Spouse Sponsorship program can apply for this permit.

Book an Appointment

Bridging Open Work Permit

After applying for the Permanent Residency (Express Entry, Cargiver, Agri-Food, Non-employer specified PNP) and receiving the Acknowledgement of Receipt from IRCC, the federal government can provide the work permit with only the file number of the application so that the applicants can maintain their status before the result of the application comes out.

Book an Appointment